Wednesday, December 14, 2016

I looked up from the People magazine i was reading and in front of me stood a man. Long dark hair with a few stray grey hairs, a freshly shaved face, a Led Zeppelin t-shirt with bleach stains around the collar and red converse. He began to open his mouth as if he was going to say something but instead he turned around with his jaw still dropped and walked away. I would have looked back to finish reading the article on Brad and Angelina's split but something had caught my eye. Something very familiar. Dangling out of his left back pocket through a rip at the bottom was a deep emerald green necklace. My mother had a necklace exactly like that one however it was in my closet the last time I had seen it, approximately 2 and a half months ago. There's no way that it is the same one, I thought.
As I walked in the door of my apartment, i went straight to my closet to grab the emerald necklace my mother gave me before i left her house and never returned about six years ago and to my surprise, it wasn't in sight.
Running through the park where I was earlier this morning felt different. Nothing looked the same. Nothing felt the same. I was there to find the man who had startled me a few hours ago but he was no where in sight so I sat back down on the same bench and before and prayed that he would come back and say what he would have said earlier. Half an hour goes by and there's no sign of him however where I'm sitting I typically cannot see the train tracks but as I look up I see the very end of the train and I see a figure standing at the back throwing something off the train onto the tracks. It was him.
Sprinting after the train, I look down and see a trail of orange peels; interesting, I thought. I followed the train and I noticed that the train had slowed down and soon after came to a complete stop but the mystery man was not where I had seen him before.
I hopped onto the stopped train and entered the first door I could find. As I walked in, a rush of smoke overcame me, so much that breathing was almost impossible. "Hey, you at the door" a voice called out. "yeah?" I managed to get out after a small cough attack. A arm reached through the smoke and grabbed me and pulled me forward about ten feet. "What is the reason for you being here Miss Cecelia?" the mystery man asked. "Sir Im sorry but how do you know my name? How?" I asked in a low voice as if I didn't want anyone to hear my question although I was almost certain we were alone. I recieved no response. I proceeded to ask another question hoping this one would get an answer, "Where's the necklace? I know you have it and I need it back. I will take it and leave and no more questions will be asked." He pulled me into the train car ahead of us through a sliding door. "I cannot give you the necklace until you tell me exactly how and where you got it. It belonged to me long long ago and I believe it should belong to me once again." My face began to drip with sweat and burn up. Who could this man be? He must know my mother, had she stolen it from him? Had she found it somewhere that he might have left it? The train julted and came to an immediate stop, slamming me against the wall of the train. I looked up, and again, the man was gone and with that so was the necklace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment